Miccrolloy Bronze Plating is a complex finish that is spark and wear resistant. It is a proven alternative to solid bronze. Very few plating companies have the expertise or facilities to produce bronze plating.
High friction work environments can generate sparks, which is hazardous. There is no tolerance for sparks in combustible environments. Parts must be coated or plated to ensure they are spark resistant.
Unrivaled Miccrolloy Bronze
Miccrolloy bronze plating is a dependable spark resistant coating solution. Bronze plated parts eliminate risk of fire or explosion. It is ideal for use in high friction environments and it is also highly durable and wear resistant. Developed exclusively by KC Jones Plating, Miccrolloy bronze combines a host of rigorous features to exceed the most demanding wear applications.
The Multi-Industry Reliance on Miccrolloy Bronze
Miccrolloy® Bronze Plating meets a host of Aerospace, Military, Automotive and Industrial specifications:
- Excellent bearing replacement
- Deposits on steel and cast iron (ranging from 0.0001 to 0.1 inches)
- Withstands severe grind and shear adhesion testing
- Superior properties to solid bronze (proven)
- Economic (considerable cost savings)
- Possible to selectively plate on machined components
Engineered for Superior Performance
Bronze is a complex finish that few plating companies have the expertise to provide. Some even offer copper and brass plating as an alternative to bronze plating however these finishes cannot achieve the same level of wear resistance.
- Miccrolloy® meets various aerospace, military, automotive and industrial specifications
- Deposits on steel and cast iron, range from 0.0001 to 0.1 inches
- Meets many Aerospace, Military, Automotive and Industrial specifications
- Conforms to materials standard AMS 2429
- Rack or barrel plating options
Rise to Your Biggest Plating Challenges
Miccrolloy bronze often serves as an alternative to solid bronze. It is popularly used in the aerospace, marine, and oil & gas industries because its strength and wear characteristics withstand severe grind and shear adhesion testing. Miccrolloy bronze is also less expensive than solid bronze and many other metal substrates.
While not every plating company can offer bronze, KC Jones Plating aims to it ensure customers are never restricted to sub-optimal solutions for their applications.
KC Jones plates bronze coatings on extremely large industrial hooks. These hooks are plated for use in the most critical environments: shipyards, hoists, and other similar applications. In most cases, it is critical that hooks do not spark or create an explosion. This is especially important in oil & gas-industry applications.
Bronze-plated hooks are extremely popular within the aerospace industry. Primarily, because they do not create sparks and therefore eliminate the risk of explosion or fire. The marine industry puts KC Jones hooks to the test for the extreme wear resistance they need. Oil & Gas also utilize bronze-plated parts in critical environments that have an absolute zero tolerance for sparks.
KC Jones Plates Hoist Hooks – Detroit Hoist
Detroit Hoist is known nationwide for producing top-quality, state-of-the-art hoists and crane components. They have designed wire rope hoists since 1905.
When KC Jones Plating provided bronze-plated hooks for Detroit Hoist, they were required to withstand wear and friction in the most hazardous environments. They also had to be completely spark resistant, while providing maximum wear resistance.
Miccrolloy Bronze-Plated Hooks Produced for Detroit Hoist
An example of bronze plating providing an ideal solution
Bronze finishes are extremely durable, especially when plated over a steel or cast iron base metal. Bronze is broad in application and it can be applied to any substrate metal that withstands electroplating.
Make Your Parts Out of Bronze
For your convenience, KC Jones will design your parts with bronze plating. This is much more beneficial than adding it after the fact. It also provides full wear resistance benefits at a much lower cost.
Properties of Miccrolloy Bronze
- Conforms to SAE AMS 2429
- 90% copper / 10% tin approx.
- Deposit Thickness .0001 – inches
- Hardness (35 Rc)
- Low Coefficient of Friction (~.06)
- Excellent Machineability
KC Jones ensures every bronze coating is optimized to the specific application. Bronze is usually made up of 90% copper and 10% tin, however these percentages can be tweaked for application optimization.
- Leading aircraft manufacturers request Microlloy Bronze to coat cylinder block face plates, pistons, rotors and landing gear systems
- Millions of cars, on every continent, contain transmission gears, drive-trains and engine components plated with KC Jones Miccrolloy® Bronze
- Hoist hooks for the Marine, and Oil & Gas industries are plated in Miccrolloy Bronze because of its spark resistance
- KC Jones Plating is often asked to bronze-plate parts for use with bearing surfaces
- KC Jones often receives requests to produce bronze-plated bushing as an alternative to other failing finishes (or materials)
KC Jones ensures finishes are superior to any other coating by optimizing every finish to the intended application. It operates a NADCAP-accredited facility for electroplated bronze chemical processing and is one of the few facilities capable of bronze plating.